Skip to main content

Rain Rain...

Its 12 in the noon and I can hardly see my keyboard. Its so dark in here that too after all the windows of my office are open. Guess Will have to switch on some light. Anyways the weather outside is just superb. Its very dark and cloudy, cold breeze flowing, about to rain anytime Infact it has started raining and its raining like cats and dog. I can hear the loud sound of rain drops falling on the road and nearby houses. The thing I like about Rain is that it make the weather and the whole ambiance so romantic and serene and the thing I hate about rain is the condition of roads and pavements once it stops.

I saw the first drops of water kissing mother Earth,
I saw her open up her arms and embrace every drop with care and warmth....

Droplets turned into drizzle and soon the brown carpet turned red,
As the ground soaked itself more and more with every minute that sizzled....

The trees shed away their weariness and cleansed themselves,
In the purest form of water pouring right from the skies....

The birds woke up from their slumber and peeked out of their nests,
Happy to see the rain which would in turn drive out many pests....

The animals jumped across to wet themselves,
To clean their bodies in the only natural shower that transpires....

It was indeed a lovely sight, indeed a lovely watch,
The glory of the first rain, nothing else can dare to match....



Comments

sonia jain said…
the rhyming couplets are just awesome...

Popular posts from this blog

Men - As described by Women

--Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and thin k of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress Rs.10000. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If s...

IPL or Election or Recession???

I was wondering, what would attract people's attention more now? Would it be IPL or would it be Elections or the ongoing Economic Crisis along with Recession?? Personally I would be following all three. Reasons being : -  1. They say You are a True Indian Male only if you are a Die-Hard Cricket Fan and fortuantely I am one and also a Big Supporter of Mumbai Indians. I know that they dint even made it to the semi's in the 1st edition of IPL but still they are "The Team" to reckon with. Sachin "The God of Cricket" Tendulkar is fit and in form. And if He alone is not a good enough reason for opponents to fear, they have Zaheer - Arguably the best left arm seamer today, Bhajji - Spin WIzard, The New Kid on the Block - Duminy, The Old War Horse - Jayasurya, The Ever Reliable - Bravo, to name a few. 2. I would be casting my vote for the 1st time. We, the Youth make up a majority of one billion plus population, but how many of us  vote? We complain about bad roads,...

100 Truths..

Someone Dared me to write 100 Truths about me, so Here I am doing it 1. Last beverage: Slice 2. Last phone call: Received-Garima!, Dialled- Tinu Bhaiya.  3. Last text message: Angel... to inform that none of her friends chatted wuth me. 4. Last song you listened to: Sahiba Sahiba from Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega 5. Last time you cried: 3 Days backt... HAVE YOU EVER... 6. Dated someone twice: Hehe...NO! 7. Been cheated on? No 8. Kissed someone & regretted it? No... 9. Lost someone special? Yes 10. Been depressed? Yes. Many a times... 11. Been drunk and threw up? No LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS: 12.Sky Blue 13.Baby pink 14.Black HAVE YOU: 15. Made new friends: Yes 16. Fallen out of love: No 17. Laughed until you cried: Yes, been a long time though I think... since I did that! 18. Met someone who changed you: Yes, for the better and for the worse... 19. Found out who your true friends were: Yes, some... 20. Found out someone was talking about you: Positive... Yes Few. Negative-plenty 21. Kis...