Skip to main content

IPL or Election or Recession???

I was wondering, what would attract people's attention more now? Would it be IPL or would it be Elections or the ongoing Economic Crisis along with Recession?? Personally I would be following all three. Reasons being : - 

1. They say You are a True Indian Male only if you are a Die-Hard Cricket Fan and fortuantely I am one and also a Big Supporter of Mumbai Indians. I know that they dint even made it to the semi's in the 1st edition of IPL but still they are "The Team" to reckon with. Sachin "The God of Cricket" Tendulkar is fit and in form. And if He alone is not a good enough reason for opponents to fear, they have Zaheer - Arguably the best left arm seamer today, Bhajji - Spin WIzard, The New Kid on the Block - Duminy, The Old War Horse - Jayasurya, The Ever Reliable - Bravo, to name a few.

2. I would be casting my vote for the 1st time. We, the Youth make up a majority of one billion plus population, but how many of us  vote? We complain about bad roads, corrupt politicians and unfair reservations, but what are we doing about it? The first step to resolve these ISSUES is to vote and I am glad that I would be taking the 1st step. Maybe the party I support comes to power, maybe it doesn't but in both cases I would be happy that I was part of the largest Democratic Elections that takes place in the world.


3. Recession is directly linked to my profession of Recruitment. The sooner it gets over, the better for me. Many Talented people, including me(ha ha)  lost their jobs(I lost my job because the company I was working in winded up their operation). Some are still struggling, some have got new ones and some like me have started their own companies to survive in this Wicked Cruel Money oriented World.

I wind up by requesting all my Blog Readers to cheer for Mumbai Indians, all Fellow Indians - Vote in the election because its us who can make a difference and finally pray that Recession gets over soon.



Comments

Sangeet said…
1. Sachin's a dodo in a shopping mall... worst Icon player for season 1

2. Aint voting over-hyped.. well Bush n Modi were after all reelected! I think its a systematic failure... wat we need is a revolution :P

3. Yea Recession SUCKS


Liked the phone call :)
Jimmy said…
Dude, I told you Sachin's gonna rock...
sormita said…
Wonderful portrayal of the present gloomy situation-it has affected more to ppl who r victims of one or more of the causes-be it recession-or elections.But to tke em on a lighter note like u ve done is smethin we shud all try to do.
Sangeet said…
Thanks Sormita, Looking forward to hear more from you.

Popular posts from this blog

Men - As described by Women

--Men Are Just Happier People-- What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can be President. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and thin k of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress Rs.10000. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks. A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If s...

100 Truths..

Someone Dared me to write 100 Truths about me, so Here I am doing it 1. Last beverage: Slice 2. Last phone call: Received-Garima!, Dialled- Tinu Bhaiya.  3. Last text message: Angel... to inform that none of her friends chatted wuth me. 4. Last song you listened to: Sahiba Sahiba from Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega 5. Last time you cried: 3 Days backt... HAVE YOU EVER... 6. Dated someone twice: Hehe...NO! 7. Been cheated on? No 8. Kissed someone & regretted it? No... 9. Lost someone special? Yes 10. Been depressed? Yes. Many a times... 11. Been drunk and threw up? No LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS: 12.Sky Blue 13.Baby pink 14.Black HAVE YOU: 15. Made new friends: Yes 16. Fallen out of love: No 17. Laughed until you cried: Yes, been a long time though I think... since I did that! 18. Met someone who changed you: Yes, for the better and for the worse... 19. Found out who your true friends were: Yes, some... 20. Found out someone was talking about you: Positive... Yes Few. Negative-plenty 21. Kis...